Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One of those days...

Today has been super stressful and aggravating, so tonight as I sat down in an attempt to mellow out (after a long battle with my online test) I started thinking about the music that calms me down. The songs and artists that I listen to after days like today. After much careful consideration, I decided on a few must have songs on days like today...songs that refresh me and calm me down.

1. Crazy- by Patsy Cline
I could listen to all of Patsy Cline's songs over and over and over again and never get sick of them. There's something about her voice that speaks to me...it's therapeutic.

2. Arms of a Woman-Amos Lee
This song is one of my favorite all time. It makes me forget everything going on around me and focus on nothing in particular.

3. Home- Michael Buble
This one is new to me, so it's yet to lose its "new and magical" appeal. I could (and do) listen to it over and over. The only downside is it makes me incurably homesick, which is not normal for me.

4. Don't Know Why- Norah Jones
Norah Jones is probably my favorite female artist (living). I wish she would get together with Ernie and record an album...even though she is 1000 times more famous than he will ever be.

5. Whisper- Ernie Halter
My love and devotion for Ernie is unceasing. His music makes my heart happy. It's hard to explain, because I know other people don't get it, but his music just does it for me. It makes me want to fall in love.

6. Blackbird- The Beatles
Possibly one of the best songs ever. And I know some of you are going to bash me for this, but Ernie sang this when I went to his show and it made me fall even more in love with this song.

7. Death of Me- Tony Lucca
I have been in love with this song/Tony Lucca for quite some time now. He is one of my favorite acoustic artist, but most people haven't heard of him (surprise surprise) He appeals to my folk-y side.

8. Gravity- Sarah Barielles
This song is beautiful. Sarah Barielles has a beautiful voice. The end.

9. Man on the Side- Ernie Halter
This song is sinful it's so good.

10. Georgia- Ray Charles
Ray Charles makes me wish time could rewind about 50 years. If I could choose to get serenaded by anyone in the world (dead or alive), he would definitely be a contender.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blackbird rules.

I don't know why every time you make a list, I have to offer my own list, but I can't leave here without doing it. Sorry.

1. Nightswimming - R.E.M.
2. This Must Be The Place - Talking Heads
3. Mother Nature's Son - The Beatles
4. Asleep - The Smiths
5. One - U2
6. Remember the Mountain Bed - Woody Guthrie (Jeff Tweedy's version)
7. Dresses - Sixpence None the Richer
8. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel
9. Scenic World - Beirut
10. Expressway to Yr Skull - Sonic Youth

Danielle said...

I love your lists! But I'm not gonna lie, I haven't heard most of those songs...

Anonymous said...

Well, I would make you a mix, but the last one I gave you got mysteriously misplaced...

Danielle said...

You can't hold that against me! I know (roughly) where it is...