Friday, October 24, 2008

Friends and the Random things I love

Today I was reminded of how much I love my friends. So this post is dedicated to you guys and the random things that I love about you. I'm not going to name any names, but I'm pretty sure you can figure out who you are, or pretend that you are someone else...whatever works.

1. It's hard to explain what I love about you friend...you just FEEL like home. Even if we don't talk for weeks, I know that I can call you up or see you and things will be the same as they've always been. You're so comfortable to be around. I could go months without seeing you and not realize how much I missed you until the next time I saw you. That might not sound like a good thing, but trust me, it is.

2. Oh you, what is there to say about you?! You are the smartest person I know. I wish I had one-tenth the intelligence and insight you have. I never know what you're thinking but I love that about you. You have been, and will always be, a mystery to me.

3. You my friend, are the person I love to fight with. You're wittier and a much better debater than I am, but I never seem to learn my lesson and always come back for more. I love that you challenge me. And even though we never seem to agree on much, I get along better with you than 99.9% of the world. I don't think I'll ever understand our relationship but it just seems to work for us.

4. You are my faithful friend. For some reason, I have never doubted that you would be able to accomplish anything and everything you set your mind to. People underestimate you, but I know you will do things I could never dream of.

5. You make me laugh more than anyone else I know. Not in a way that anyone else would understand, but in a way that is unique to us. Sometimes I think that I am the only one that appreciates your humor and you are the only one who appreciates mine. Every time I'm with you my sides ache. I don't know how you do it, but you always bring out the best/worst in me. You are by far the silliest person I know...and I love you for it.

6. I love that you have so many different types of laughs...there's the laugh when something shocks you (eyebrows raised mouth WIDE open), then there's the laugh when you think something is hilarious (your whole body responds and your nose is scrunched), and the half-hearted laugh which is just a very small version of the "hilarious" laugh. I also love that I have more inside jokes with you than anyone else in the world. You are one of the few people I can sit in silence with for extended periods of time and never feel uncomfortable. More than any other friend, I know that you will stick it out with me till the end.

7. Even though we aren't that close, there are so many things I love about you. You are truly beautiful inside and out. You make me want to be a better person and you humble me with your grace and compassion. You are the embodiment of so many of the things that I lack, and even though you are honest about your flaws, it only makes you that much more lovely.

8. I love that you aren't afraid to call me out and be completely honest with me. Our relationship is a weird one, but I think we're both okay with that. You made me deal with things I never thought I would have to and I don't think you will ever understand how much that meant to me.

9. You are the most awkward person I know. THAT alone is what I love about you. You're also a pretty cool kid.

10. You are everything I expected you to be in a way that I never expected. I had so many idea's about you that were right, but instead of those being negative, they ended up being really positive things. You fit the stereotype and break the mold at the same time.

1 comment:

Marie said...

you are AWESOME by the way! ha. this was the trickiest thing ever to figure out. However, i thoroughly enjoyed it.

ps i love mine. good work. ha. i never realized that about myself... ha. it reminds me of a movie but i can't remember which. props DG. im impressed.


i love you BFFAE