Monday, September 21, 2009

I love my church

Can I just say that I REALLY love my church?! After a long search for a church home, it is such a good feeling to know that I've found a place where I can plug in and really grow in the Word and in fellowship with other believers.

Last Sunday was week two in our ten week series on Progressive Sanctification and it was such a challenging (not to mention painful) sermon to hear. Matt spoke on walking in the light and in fellowship with God from 1 John, and it not only made me completely reevaluate my life and my sins, but it made me look at repentance and redemption in a completely new light (I highly recommend the podcast).

But it's not just the speaking that makes The Village such a great church home...I mean, anyone who has heard Matt Chandler can attest to the fact that he is a phenomenal speaker...but it's more than that. It's the fact that the entire church staff is dedicated to transforming people through the power of the Gospel. It's the fact that it offers and encourages deep, intimate community and authentic relationships. It's the fact that even though it has grown tremendously over the last few years, it is still dedicated to serving people inside and outside the church walls.

My homegroup consists of about 10-13 girls from DBU that are committed to serving Christ and letting Him transform their lives. It has been such a huge blessing to see their hearts and know that there are other people struggling, failing, but still pursuing an intimate relationship with Christ. I can't say enough how grateful I am to be able to fellowship and grow with such a great group of girls and to be a part of such an awesome church. I know everyone probably feels this way about their church (or at least I hope they do), but I just feel so blessed to be able to be involved with The Village.

"The Village Church exists to bring glory to God through lives transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ. We desire to live and serve as a community of God's people throughout the city of Dallas exhibiting and extending the love and hope of Jesus Christ." -Steve Hardin, Lead Associate Pastor


2 comments:

Marie said...

This made me so happy! :)

I also think I should go check out the podcast

Molly R said...

The podcast is AWESOME. I'm usually not a "podcast-er" (as I've voiced before), but after hearing Matt Chandler speak that one time at the Village, I was like, I want to listen to him every day! Haha. So yeah, I've been listening to the Progressive Sanctification stuff... you're right, it's stinkin' painful. But so good. !!!!! I'm so happy for you :)