Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday. The 7th of September. 2008.

So I've recently come to the conclusion that college is nothing that I thought it would be. I came in with so many expectations and idea's about what it would be like, and it has definitley been hard to realize how silly they all were. Now don't get me wrong, I know that my entire college life isn't decided in two weeks time. But I have learned a lot about myself in the meantime. My personality. My flaws. My thoughts and desires. I have never reflected and analyzed as much as I have recently. Life is changing and I need to be ready. And reguardless of how things appear on the surface, I'm excited for what the future holds.

I really want to start this year out right. I know that God has me here for a reason. He opened way too many doors for me to get here for this to be some freak accident. I just need to be patient (a fruit I am somewhat lacking). I still feel as if the entire world is at my fingertips... I need to be seeking Him and willing to go where He leads.

These past few weeks I have been church hopping with a friend I met up here. She's a sweet girl named Elizabeth and she comes from Katy so we both are always up here on the weekends when everyone else goes home. Well, anyways, we've tried a variety of different churches...some great, some boring, and some I just felt indifferent about. So far I really like The Village best. I think it's a combination of Matt Chandlers passionate speaking, the welcoming congregation, and the sense of community you feel when you walk in. I still have one more church I'm going to visit before I make my final decision, but I think my mind's already made up.

Between church hopping, school, and work I've stayed pretty busy. When I get back to my room I usually just want to collapse and relax. Oh college...

No comments: