Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mmm Thursdays...

So today was my "welcome to the work force" day. I've been working at the Graduate School of Business for about 3 weeks now, but today was a day unlike any other. It started out with me not doing too much, just kinda sitting around. But it ended with me standing in a bustling doorway passing out flyers for an hour and a half. That being said, it wasn't all that bad. Sure there were lots of awkward hand-offs and word-exchanges, but overall I would deem it a success.

In other news, I really love my Thursday classes! Well...at least most of them. I have Math first thing in the morning (8 am to be exact), but it's relatively easy so I usually just zone out. The time always seems to go sooo slow in that class, but I know it's only because I get really excited about going to Old Testament next.

I know it's kind of nerdy, but it's seriously the highlight of my week. Right now we are going through Genesis (obviously) but more specifically, we just finished the "period of the beginnings", and now we're moving on to "the age of the patriarchs". I know I've pretty much told everyone how awesome my professor is for this class, but seriously, he's the best (or I'm just really excited about what we're learning). In the class of 90, which is EXTREMELY large for DBU, I sit in the front row...right in front of the podium. I feel like a dweeb, but it's totally worth it :)

My next class is Intro to Christian Ministries which I only have once a week since it's a hybrid. My professor for that class is pretty rockin, but the class is much smaller and much more conversational than Old Testament. I'm learning all types of fun stuff about my personality and spiritual gifts, and today we went over conflict resolution and such which I thought was pretty interesting.

Thats basically it as far as my fav. classes. My history class is tight, but nothing compares to Thursdays.

Oh Thursday, must I wait another 7 days?!

No comments: