So tonight I was talking to some guys that do a service project with me every Wednesday about our Old Testament class. And I was talking about how much I LOVE that class and our professor... so imagine my surprise when they both say they fall asleep in that class all the time! I was shocked! It hadn't even occured to me that anyone could fall asleep in there. I'm still baffled by the whole thing. Am I that big of a nerd? I know I sit right in front of the podium, so I can't see like 95% of the class, but still. It's weird to me. And it wasn't like these were loser guys, they are both Christian Studies majors who say they love the Old Testament!
This got me thinking...what would the world be like if everything was "perfect" (according to me of course). So I decided on a few key things that I would change about the world...
1. Everyone would love/have a relationship with Jesus.
2. Everyone would love ME.
3. People would smile and laugh all the time
4. There would be no curse words...we wouldn't have any use for them.
5. Girls would wear dresses 90% of the time.
6. Once a year everyone in the world would join hands and sing "Let it Be".
7. Everyone would get/send at least one encouraging note a month.
8. People would argue for pure entertainment value, not because they were really angry.
9. Boys/Men of all ages would always be gentlemen.
10. Iced Tea would be served with every meal.
11. Movie tickets would never exceed 25 cents.
12. There would be a dance party every Friday night.
13. Ernie Halter would sing me to sleep every night.
14. Barney would be a real dinosaur that walked the streets of major U.S. cities.
15. Strangers would exchange high 5's and head nods and smiles on a regular basis.
16. No one would be skanky/inappropriate.
17. I would be able to read people's minds.
18. Large groups of people would burst in to song and dance, but not everyone would be singing the same thing.
19. Fingers and Toes would never get cold.
20. Everyone would wake up every morning well rested and with a positive attitude.
So I know some people won't like all of those, but I'm ok with that. It's MY perfect world.