Monday, November 3, 2008

#1: The "I-want-you-to-know-but-not-really" line

So today marks the beginning of my series about the things I don't understand. It's pretty self-explanatory...

#1. I don't understand why people talk out loud to inanimate objects and then look at me like I am crazy or just plain rude when I ask what all the fuss is about. I notice this a lot with my roomie, she always talks to her laptop (usually things like "Ahhh" or "Oh MY Gosh!", etc.), well I always take this as a cue that she wants me to know what shes gasping over. But when I ask what all the commotion is about, 50% of the time I'm met with a look that tells me I'm being intrusive or I have somehow crossed a imaginary I-want-you-to-know-but-not-really line. It just doesn't make sense to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahhahah! This is why we are friends. Keep up the I-don't-understand posts. I LIVE off of talking about things that I don't understand. We should talk more.