Friday, December 11, 2009

Navigating Dallas = Fail.

Last night I had a meeting with my group leader from the covenant membership class I attended a while back. It was supposed to be a relatively quick meeting where I just showed up, shared my testimony, asked some questions, and signed the covenant. Only problem was that she wanted to meet me on the other side of Dallas...

I don't know how many of you know this, but I am THE WORST with directions. Seriously, if I was any worse I'd get lost walking to work.

But nevertheless, I was determined to get this meeting knocked out, so I printed out directions and went on my way.

Problem #1: I miss my first exit.
Problem #2: I keep driving for 20 minutes before I realize problem #1.
Problem #3: I turn around to correct my mistake and drive for another 35 minutes...past my exit again.
Problem #4: I finally get on the right track and find the destination...an HOUR after I was supposed to be there.
VICTORY #1: I sign the Covenant!! And I try Bubble Tea...not sure if the last part counts as a victory. Ha.
Problem #5: Insane Dallas traffic on the way back. I probably went 5 mph for 45 minutes.
Problem #6: I almost get run over multiple times.
Problem #7: I take 35E going North...I should have taken 35E going South. Another 45 minutes of wasted time.
Problem #8: I finally turn around and head towards campus and exit Loop 12 West. I should have exited Loop 12 East.
Problem #9: I end up in the ghetto with NO idea where I am or how to find out.
Problem #10: I REALLY had to pee by this point, but couldn't stop anywhere because everything was so shady.
Victory #2: Apparently there was a GPS laying on the passenger side floorboard the whole time.
Victory #3: I finally make it back to campus at 8:35 pm.
Problem #11: I had a final paper due by 11pm.
Victory #4: I finish and submitted my paper at 10:59pm!!

Needless to say last night was a wee bit stressful...but today it's over (can I get an Amen?!). I actually think it's pretty funny now, in an I-hate-my-life type of way ;)

Maybe I should start praying that I marry someone with a great sense of direction... otherwise our poor children will be out of luck!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Yep, you are by far the most directionally challenged person I've ever met. Sometimes it's funny... Or at least it's funny in hindsight, like last night.

I'm glad you finished your paper though...and you are done with classes! Perf!

Molly R said...

hahhaa. Girl, I am so with you.

What car did you take?

Danielle said...

My friend Kailea lets me borrow her car on occasion...even if I waste her gas driving around in circles. Ha.