Saturday, December 26, 2009

Don't worry, I'm still alive

Alright, I won't spend a lot of time apologizing for my lack of blogging, just know that I'm back and plan on getting back in the swing of things.

In other news, Christmas this year was a year of firsts. It was the first year without my grandma, the first year where Kaitlyn really knew what was going on, the first year with Ryan as a almost legitimate bro in law, the first year we didn't go to Papadeux for Christmas Eve dinner, and the first year my dad and I went to the Christmas Eve service alone. But even though it was different, it was still a really sweet time with family, and I really enjoyed getting to spend time with everyone. This past week has gone by SO FAST...I can't believe I have to go back to Dallas on Monday.

So here are some of the highlights of the week:

1. Kaitlyn is so much fun now! Even though I wasn't sure it'd be possible, she's even cuter than before. Also, she called me "My Dani" this trip and my heart just about stopped.

2. My sister, Kelly, got engaged to her long time bf (Ryan).

3. Watching bridal shows with my mom even though she's totally not in to that stuff.

4. Having a long discussion with my dad about ministry.

5. Watching Kaitlyn open all of her Christmas presents...homegirl got a TON of fun toys this year. Oh, and I managed to find her a red-headed doll as part of her gift from me. PERF.

6. Cooking Christmas lunch with my mom (always one of my favorite parts of being home).

7. Spending the night with Molly, Kate, Amanda, and Kelsey.

8. One word: Perm

9. Hanging with my Poppy. He is by far one of my favorite people of all time.

10. Christmas Cafe with LG, Danica and Yermey.

1 comment:

Molly R said...

Can't wait to see the hair!! :)