Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Name Snob

I'm starting to realize that I am secretly a bit of a snob when I first meet people. I try to be really polite and tell them my name and smile as they tell me theirs, but I might as well be listening to static. I don't know what it is but I can never remember peoples names! I don't forget on purpose or choose not to listen, I just blank when people tell me. I walk away scratching my head and hoping that (God forbid) I ever run in to that person again, they will forget my name so that we don't have to do the whole awkward "You-remember-me-but-I-have-no-clue-who-you-are" greeting. I feel like this happens to me a lot at work... I meet all these important deans and professors that go out of their way to be nice to me and remember my name and I can't even respond with a proper greeting. Blah. I wish I could change my ways, but in the heat of the moment it never fails... the only way I'm going to remember you is through intense repetition.

In other news, my bffae is back in town and we will be spending the rest of the week together... Scrubs marathon, our first annual steak dinner ;), taking LOTS of pictures, etc. It's gonna be pretty stinkin sweet.

P.S. Sorry I haven't posted in a while... I know all 3 of my readers are extremely disappointed in my lack of post's ;) But don't fret, regular posting will officially resume next week when I head back to Dbu.

2 comments:

Marie said...

you are a snob. (not just with names!) ha. im kidding. dont fret. but i feel ya on this one girl. haha.

uhh i love seeing you at the airport. and chick-fil-a bought by my grandparents. and scrubs and SVU! and scrubs day. and first annual steak night. and our pig that we have yet to name. and cruises in the future. and picture taking adventures. oh what a glorious week this will be.

i am an avid follower of this blog btw, so i am very excited that you are continuing this more once you head back to your cool BU! its the only way i am informed of happenings in your life ;) ha.

Anonymous said...

I've learned to say their name about three times while we're in the "meet conversation". Example

Me: Hi, I'm Bill

Them: Hi, I'm Jehosephat

Me: Hi Jehosephat. How are you? So tell me, Jehosephat, what's your major/what school do you go to/tell me your life story/etc . . . [looks over to Jill] - Hey Jill, come over here and meet Jehosephat.

Them: [dazed look]

Me: Well, it was nice meeting you JEHOSEPHAT!

That's how I remember . . . you should try it :-)