Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Give me Jesus

These past few days I have really been reminded of the depth of the need we (as people) have for Jesus. We don't need miracles or "things" that we think will comfort us or bring us joy...we just need Jesus. It's as simple as that, yet we make it so much more complicated. We have a Savior that offers peace and joy and redemption, why would we need to pursue those things elsewhere?

So today my prayer is that as Christians we would realize that Jesus satisfies every need and lifts every burden. I pray that He would become my heart's desire, and I would quit settling for less and becoming distracted by so many other things. After all, when the Earth fades away, there will be Jesus.

Give Me Jesus- Jeremy Camp

1 comment:

Marie said...

Girl, I have certainly been learning this lesson lately. There is only One that fully satisfies... no matter what! It is an awesome thing.

Thanks for sharing this.

Love you dear