Monday, January 26, 2009

Creepy

Yesterday I went with some friends to First Baptist Irving, which is a great church who's pastor John Durham (the old youth pastor at Houston First Baptist) basically teaches doctrine and theology every Sunday, which I love :), but apparently I'm not the only one, seeing as it is the new "it" church for DBU goers. Well anywho, I always forget that at the end of each church service they do the whole "everyone join hands and sing" thing where you are expected to join hands with the people on either side of you and worship.

In theory, I don't have any problems with this...in practice sometimes it's a little different. Last Sunday I was seated between a girl that I know from school (no problem there) and some random guy that I assume was a high schooler (seeing as he was sitting with his mom and giving off that "awkward kid" vibe). The church service was awesome... worship was great and the message was definitely enlightening and in general it went off without a hitch, until those faithful words to join hands...

I instinctively grabbed the hands of those closest to me... but shortly after I did that, I realized that the kid on my right had the softest hands I have ever felt. It was gross. I don't know if this kid moisturized on a regular basis, or just has naturally creamy, soft, infant-like hands, but I was completely grossed out by it. It was like holding marshmallow creme without the sticky residue. No me gusta.

I feel like boys have a right to be scratchy and rough and even dirty on occasion! I don't like that I have to worry if a boy will have softer skin than me. I understand taking pride in your appearance, but I draw the line at satiny hands... it's creepy and weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my hands are naturally soft and i don't moisturize at all. thanks for making me feel feminine

Danielle said...

I'm pretty sure I have felt your hands at some point (via prayer or something), and I would DEFINITELY remember if your hands were so soft they were creepy. If they're just smooth, that's not that bad.

You still might want to invest in some callouses though ;)