1. Breaking Free was AMAZING. I was so blessed to have the girls I had, and I am so grateful for the time I got to spend with each one of them. My favorite part of the whole weekend was definitely the time I got to spend praying over each of them (individually and as a group). I always leave weekends/events like that feeling like I'm the one that has been blessed and ministered to!
2. I'm applying for grad school/the accelerated degree plan soon. It's pretty surreal, so I keep putting it off. Honestly, it all seems kinda odd, cause I've worked so hard to get to where I am (in terms of hours and such), but I'm still totally intimidated by moving on to the next step.
3. This semester has been unbelievably draining and busy. Thankfully, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Lets just say I'm counting the days until the end of this semester...
4. I spent Saturday night with the one and only LG at UNT :) Sometimes I forget how great it is to spend time catching up with best friends. She is truly wonderful, and it has been amazing to see how the Lord is continuing to transform and mold her into His image.
5. Speaking of best friends, getting to see and spend time with Marie and Molly on my birthday weekend was just icing on the cake. I am so glad I got to see and talk with them some.... the time I get to spend with them is always precious! LOVE you girls! Also, I completely owned at the name-guessing game. Better luck next time, Molly ;)
6. I AM SO READY TO GRADUATE AND JUST DO MINISTRY ALL THE TIME. I get that my classes are "preparing" me and whatnot, but sheesh...I get it already! ha.
7. I'm not a teenager anymore. That's right, I'm a twenty-something (or I guess you could say I'm a twenty-nothing)! All I gotta say is that I am so excited about this season of life and all that the Lord has in store. Jeremiah 29:11 and all that ;)
8. I want to go back to Africa. ASAP. Everytime someone tells me they're going on a mission trip I start daydreaming about the day I get to go back. Hopefully next time I'll get to go for a longer period of time :)
9. My Summer classes are still kinda semi up-in-the-air, but it looks like I'm going to be taking 14 hours. Right now I'm registered for 1st & 2nd Thesselonians, World Literature II, Elementary Spanish I (and lab), and Elementary Spanish II (and lab). Plus I'm working 40 hours a week. Yeah, I know, you're jealous.
10. I started the process to become a small group leader in Kids Village a few weeks ago, and just recently I've started teaching 2nd-5th grade girls! I love it, I love them, and I LOVE serving on a regular basis again. Working with them has been a constant reminder of how much I need to be pleading with the Lord for His intercession and salvation for these kids. Sometimes it breaks my heart to know that they know all the right answers, yet still have hearts that are hard to the Gospel (just like a lot of adults...). But I know we don't sow in vain, so as I pray for God to open their hearts, I'm constantly reminded of His sovereignty and grace. So yeah, it has just been a really sweet time of service for me so far. I definitely don't have any complaints :)