Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Favorite Hymns

10. I Love You, Lord: "I love you, Lord, and I lift my voice to worship you. O my soul, rejoice!..."

9. Jesus Paid it All: "Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe; sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow"

8. Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus: "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace."

7. Take My Life, and Let It Be Consecrated: "Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee; take my hands and let them move at the impulse of Thy love"

6. How Great Thou Art: Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee; how great Thou art, how great Thou art!"

5. Be Thou My Vision: "Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart; naught be all else to me, save that thou art"

4. It is Well with My Soul: "When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billlows roll; whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, it is well, it is well with my soul"

3. There Is Power in the Blood: " There is pow'r, pow'r, wonder working pow'r in the blood of the Lamb; there is pow'r, pow'r, wonder working pow'r in the precious blood of the Lamb"

2. Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy: "I will arise and go to Jesus, He will embrace me in His arms; In the arms of my dear Savior, O there are ten thousand charms"

1. 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus: "'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word; just to rest upon His promise, just to know, 'Thus saith the Lord.'"





So tell me, what are your favorite hymns?

5 comments:

jeremy said...

i also love "it is well."

would "in christ alone" be considered a hymn or are you thinking about a certain time period?

if not, i'd also add "oh lord, you're beautiful" by keith green.

Marie said...

I love all of your choices. seriously.

I also would say "in Christ alone" and "the solid rock" if that counts.

ps: 2 posts in 2 days. I am impressed. you must be bored at work ;)

Andrew said...

"Be Thou My Vision."

Molly R said...

No particular order - As of now...

1. Be Thou My Vision
2. It Is Well With My Soul
3. I Need Thee Every Hour
4. How Great Thou Art
5. As The Deer
6. The Sands of Time
7. Amazing Grace
8. Beneath the Cross of Jesus
9. The Solid Rock
10. Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

Lover of my soul said...

JESUS THERE IS NONE LIKE YOU