Saturday, October 24, 2009

Tyrone Wells

Last night I got to go to the Tyrone Wells show downtown. It was incredible! He was so good live! He played all my favorites, and even one or two off his upcoming album (which I am definitely going to buy). It was actually really cool, because his set was clean. He's not a Christian artist or anything, but he did have very subtle Christian undertones*...a change of pace from my all-time fave Ernie Halter. Ha.

Anyway, when all was said and done, I had an awesome night. More fun than I've had in a long time. Side-note: the show last night was at the Prophet Bar, and apparently anyone who goes and doesn't drink (either because of their age or by choice) gets a stamp on their hand. The funny part? The stamp is a church ;)

Oh, and here is the picture you requested, Marie...I completely forgot my camera in the car during the show, but I managed to get one of Kailea and I on the way back.



And for those of you who have never heard of Tyrone Wells, here is one of my personal faves...



* Tyrone is actually a PK! It's so legit. I'm pretty sure some of his songs crossover...like his song Stronger: "I'll do my best to be here for you through the years/ But I can't carry all your hidden pain and fears/But there is one who wants to wipe away your tears/ He is waiting/ Lean on the everlasting arms of Jesus"

3 comments:

Marie said...

You are SO pretty!! Love the picture. Glad it was such a good show! Also glad you got to hang out with Kailee.

III said...

By the bye, I kind of think that song is based of Augustine's Confessions.
It sure sounds like it.

Danielle said...

Hmmm. Could be! I wouldn't put it past him, he's pretty legit (at least I think he is! ha).