Thursday, October 8, 2009

Reasons I could never get a tattoo...

Last night I was hanging out with a friend, and out of no where she pulled out a tube of henna. For those of you who don't know what henna is, it's a type of body art that is painted on and dyes the skin from anywhere to 1 week to a month (depending on how long you let it set, where on the body, etc etc). Personally, I've always thought it looked really cool, so of course I was pumped I got to do it last night. Only problem is we're a bunch of white girls who seriously lack the artistic skills needed to make an awesome henna design (me more than her... her's was actually really cute). So basically it looks like I just doodled all over myself. Granted, I know it will fade and eventually disappear, but it got me thinking... I could never get a tattoo. I mean, I've always kind of wanted one (and even as I write this I still kind of do), but I would get so tired of it so quickly! I haven't even had my henna on for a full day yet and I'm tired of it! Ha. It's cool though, I'm glad I learned my lesson this way instead of the hard way.

((For those of you that are curious, I'll post pic's of it later...))

In other news: TODAY I GET TO GO TO THE STATE FAIR FOR THE FIRST TIME! I'm ridiculously pumped. Things I want to do while there: eat. Things I plan on eating: Fried PB&J, a corndog (apparently it's a MUST at the fair), and a deep-fried oreo. Goodbye diet, hello fried deliciousness! Ha. I'm going to try to document it as much as possible so you all can share in my joy... plus I'm sure I'll post more thoughts on it later.

And just when you think the day couldn't get any better, I get off work at noon today! Hallelujah! I have high expectations for you Thursday... don't let me down.

No comments: