Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's all Greek to me!

This last week has been a teency bit hectic and stressful, but Praise the Lord, it's the weekend!!! I'm currently watching the Red River Shootout (Hook 'Em!) and am enjoying my first taste of quality alone time (not just time spent alone and studying) in a LONG time.

Since I don't have much to say, I'll just give you the highlights of this past week...

1. Got my grade from my first History of Christianity test...and considering the lack of time I could commit to studying and the amount of material covered, I think I did pretty well. An added bonus was that I had a reason to memorize the Apostles Creed :)

Sidenote: I'm having a really hard time with my schoolwork lately because of my work/class schedule. On the average night I don't even get to start studying/doing homework until like 7pm at the earliest because I work till 6, then have to come home and cook my dinner, and eat before I have time to buckle down and do schoolwork. Add that to the fact that my classes are SOO much harder than I anticipated and it's a recipe for disaster. That said, basically I need to just suck it up and get more disciplined *sigh*, but right now it's just REALLY hard.

2. Homegroup on Wednesday was really good (as usual). I'm finding it easier and easier to open and share with the girls, and it has been really good getting to know them and hearing their struggles, triumphs and what God is teaching them. Having homegroup once a week has definitely been the silver-lining to my weekdays these past couple weeks.

3. Earlier today I got to go on a jog, and it was GLORIOUS outside. Seriously. I haven't seen a day as beautiful as today in a long time. I am so jealous of everyone at the UT/OU game! Today is just one of those days where everything is better outside.

4. Speaking of weather, the past month we have had awful weather here (excluding today, of course). I think I've officially decided that God didn't make me for colder climates. Even when I am just sitting at my desk at work my fingernails turn purple after a while because it is SO COLD. I always love the idea of winter, but I have a feeling it's going to get old really fast this year.

5. Marie and I are ordering aprons so we can be legit Stepford Wives for our costume dance party. I am so excited, it's ridiculous. I am going to wear mine ALL the time :)

6. Also, I am so excited for Thanksgiving. I'm ready to be home. I miss my family. Plus Thanksgiving is my 2nd favorite holiday. It's a BIG DEAL in my family, plus it means I get to cook all day with my mom, which is always really fun. Recently she has started letting me cook some of the dishes all by myself... I'm not gonna lie, I make a mean sweet potato casserole!

7. Exciting News: I'm officially signed up for the covenant membership class at The Village!!! It's actually kind of hard to get in because the classes fill up so quick and they only offer them every so often, but I got in to the one in November. After November 7th I will officially be a "covenant member".

The class is spread out over two days, Friday night and Saturday day. Here are some of the topics it covers:
  • What is the Church?
  • Gospel: What does it mean to be a believer in Jesus Christ?
  • What are the core values?
  • Why a covenant?
  • Our philosophy of ministry
  • Expectations
I am so excited! Hopefully I don't geek out during any of this ;)

8. I took my Greek Midterm yesterday! It was probably the most intimidating test I've ever taken. I don't know if it's just me, but Greek is REALLY hard. Seriously. The other day my History of Christianity prof said that even "Augustine hated Greek because it was so hard"! Basically I studied all night (minus a nap from 2-4am). But I think it might have actually paid off! I haven't gotten my score back yet, but I'm pretty confident I didn't fail, so at least that's something! Ha.

9. Last night my roomie and I finally rearranged and decorated our room! It's so cute! I'll see what I can do about posting pictures or something later so everyone can appreciate our sweet decorating skillz ;)

1 comment:

Marie said...

1. If we just drop out of school like we keep threatening to do.. ALL of our problems are solved
2. I can't wait to order these aprons! Gosh. And costume DP. Wow. Is there anyone cooler than us?! definitely not
3. HOOK 'EM
4. The weather here sucks. It has been rainy and cold for almost 3 weeks. I think I share your exact feelings in regards to winter
5. Greek sounds hard. Props girl.
6. I can't wait for thanksgiving! yum yum yum! :) I miss your family, too. haha.

I love you a lot bffae.

ps: nicely done spelling skills with a "z" you are so hood