Sunday, March 1, 2009

John 13:35

By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
John 13:35


This week my memory verse is John 13:35, but instead of just posting the verse and nothing else, I decided to add a little bit of my own commentary ;) ha. Bear with me...

It is my prayer and my hearts desire to learn how to love in a way that is pure and selfless. I want to learn to love with no expectations and in a way that is pleasing to God. I want to love so that people will see Christ. I want to love because Christ first loved me. I want to love even when it's not easy...especially when it's not easy. I want to love in all circumstances, and I want to love all people. It is my calling as a believer to share the love of Christ with those around me, and it is such a wonderful blessing and incredible challenge to do so! I pray that in all times and all circumstances we would all be reminded of the love He has bestowed upon us, and our obligation and privilege as believers to share that with others.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Girl, I feel you. That has been my heart lately... to learn how to love in a Christ-like manner. It is a challenge, because it is not always easy, but luckily we have the greatest example of love! :)

Ps: This makes me REAL excited to watch fireproof with you! :)