Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Whirlwind

Sorry about the lack of bloggage recently. Everything seems to be moving 100 miles a minute so I have everything to do and nothing to say at the same time. Ha. I'll just stick to the highlights...

  1. For Spring Break I took a mini-term (Intro to Fine Arts) so that I could just knock it out. It was pretty easy, I still need to write two papers before I can officially put it behind me though.
  2. Rochelles wedding was awesome! I'm so excited for her and Sid! Plus I got to hang out with my besties at the wedding, which made it the most fun I've had in quite a while :)
  3. Had a huge family dinner which is always fun. Got to hang with my siblings and their significant others and my rents...and of course KAITLYN!! She is getting so big and so animated now! I can't wait till summer so I can get in some babysitting time.
I've also been making some big decisions regarding my future. Mostly just hypothetical planning, but that's still a pretty big deal in my book! Here's what I've got so far...
  • I finally sat down to figure out what I needed to do in order to graduate in three years. It's doable, but it's going to take a little extra effort!
  • I have also decided to take two more mini-mesters in May, and two summer school classes this summer. I know it sounds like a lot, but I'd much rather knock these classes out now and not have to worry about them later. I'm taking Christian Doctrine and Marriage and Family (two classes I'm really excited about) for my May mini's at DBU, and I'll be taking Biology and English back home at Lonestar this summer.
  • I've also basically made up my mind to go on and get my M.A.C.E. (Master of Arts in Christian Education) degree after I finish my bachelor's. Originally I was thinking I would go to seminary to do this, BUT good ole DBU just started offering a completely online M.A.C.E. program that would allow me to live and work anywhere and still finish my degree...that earns MAJOR points in my book. Plus it's like 20 less credit hours to do it at DBU than it would be to get it at seminary, and it's the same exact degree.
Well that's pretty much it for now! I'll work on keeping the blogs a little more consistent from here on out...

No comments: