Monday, February 16, 2009

Roses are Red

Warning: This post is full of estrogen ;)

This past week has reminded me of something...

I do NOT like roses. My roomie came back with a dozen roses last night and now my room is filled with their stale scent. I know that the majority of guys that buy roses for their girlfriends/wives/mothers have good intentions, and a lot of girls genuinely love getting roses...I'm just not that girl. It's not that I think their intentions aren't good, I just think it's a cop-out (unless a girl specifically says her favorite flowers are roses).

However, I really do LOVE flowers.There are so many beautiful, fragrant flowers out there, but it's almost like 99% of Americans don't even know they exist. So here is a list of my favorites (in order of loveliness ;).

1. Hyacinth


2. Tulips


3. Oriental Lily


4. Lilacs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"'You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
'They called me the hyacinth girl.'
Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
Looking into the heart of light, the silence."

-T.S. Eliot (this is why no one will ever get hyacinths from me.)

Marie said...

I LOVE lilies!

and I must admit, I don't mind roses. I only received them once, but it was nice. However, I prefer yellow roses. and white ones.

Anonymous said...

Sunflowers or Daisies, all the way. Any flower that reminds me of summer. : ) But I do agree - there are way many more flowers out there to just always resort back to roses.