Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jehovah-Tsidkenu

I am really fascinated by all the different names for God in the Bible, they all seem so eloquent and unique. Mostly, I love that each one carries a different meaning and significance. It's kind of funny to think how elementary my vocabulary looks next to these names...

Jehovah
- Self existing one
El Shaddi- The God of nourishment
Jehovah Roi- The God who sees
Olam- The everlasting God
Adoni- Master or Lord
Jehovah-Jireh-The Lord will provide
Jehovah-Nissi-The Lord our banner
Jehovah-Shalom-The Lord our peace
Jehovah-Savaoth-The Lord of Hosts
Jehovah-Rohi-The Lord my Shepherd
Jehovah-Tsidkenu-The Lord our righteousness
Jehovah-Sammah-the Lord Who is present
Jehovah-Rapha-the Lord our healer
Immanuel-God with us
El Yeshuasi-God is my salvation (Jesus)
Eli-God is my God
El Bethel-God is my sanctuary
El Elohim-God is the only true God
El Gibor-God is my mighty helper
El Roi-God is my all-seeing companion
Elohey Tehilaihi-God of my praise
Elohey Tzebaoth-God is my deliverer

(H.T. Titus 2 Men and Women)

1 comment:

Marie said...

this is cool! I am glad you posted it! :) I didn't realize there were so many! I am not sure which one is my favorite. Ha. I mean... if it is ok for me to even have a 'favorite' name for God.

anyway, very cool! good post. :)