Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Great is His Faithfulness

Hello, blog-friends! So here's the sitch: I have no excuse for not blogging more consistently. Unfortunately, I have not morphed into a superhero that spends all her free blogging time saving orphans and puppies... I've just been unmotivated. But don't fret, I've returned long enough to tease you with a taste of my superb (or completely mediocre, whatevs) blog skills ;)

So I'm not totally sure when this happened, but lately I have been SUPER-DUPER busy. But besides being busy and unmotivated, I have had some really cool things happening. For instance...

1. I bought a bike. Her name is Bella and she's a red, ladies cruiser. Basically, we're besties. I'd post a picture, but my friend Savannah is babysitting since I haven't quite figured out how to transport Bella to my apartment in my medium-sized car...

2. My World Lit class is off to a rip-roarin start! 5:30-10 PM EVERY SINGLE MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY... after working 8-5:30 during the day. Awesome.

3. I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop my Spanish classes. Taking them online from a community college is apparently a bad idea because 1. I'll be unprepared for the rest of my Spanish classes at DBU (according to my Spanish teacher/buddy here) and 2. they are a lot more complicated than I expected! I mean seriously, what student that has to sign up for an ONLINE, COMMUNITY COLLEGE SPANISH CLASS has time to spend hours a day on the internet? Okay okay, maybe I didn't think that decision all the way through. The only problem is, by dropping these two classes, I'm postponing starting my Master's degree another semester (basically I'll start in January instead of August). But I'm becoming increasingly okay with it. I'm tired of killing myself trying to get ahead... anyone smell that? Oh yeah, that's the unmistakable smell of burning out.

4. On Sunday, I went to Hurricane Harbor (water park in Dallas), and it changed my life. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but it was definitely a ton of fun! And an added bonus was that I didn't even get sunburned!! WOOHOO! While I was there I even did this one thing/ride/contraption where they strap you to a harness, raise you up 10,000 meters above the Earth, then let you plummet to the ground. It. Was. Awesome. I might or might not be a closet adrenaline junky. Just sayin.

5. The Lord has been continually reminding me of His faithfulness. Though I say I know and trust in His character, He never ceases to amaze me with His goodness and grace. Recently, I stepped out in obedience on something (rather begrudgingly I might add), and since then He has been so faithful to provide for me and reveal His grace and mercy to me. Lord, because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you (Psalm 63:3).

6. I'm going to have to take a second and agree whole-heartedly with my bffae on the issue of Fun Pops. Here's the deal, Fun Pops are the epitome of Summer. Also, I want to go on record as saying Fun Pops are always better when eaten with good friends. Can we please, please, please eat some while we watch MIOBI this weekend, Marie?!

7. This Thursday I'm going to get my first taste (literally) of the Melting Pot. I've heard mixed reviews, but I have four words for you... liquid chocolate and cheese. YUM. Of course, the chocolate and cheese aren't actually together in the same pot...I hope.

8. I can't get enough of the Five Solas lately. The more I research and reflect on them, the more I love them. Sola Scriptura. Sola Fide. Sola Gratia. Sola Christo. Sola Deo Gloria. Maybe one day when I become a better blogger I'll do a series on them... but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

9. I finally scheduled my vacay days! I'll be home in the C-Y-P from July 16th-25th :) Actually, I'll probably be at Camp Tejas part of that time, but that's still up in the air right now.

10. And to make it an even ten, here is one of my favorites. Love me some Hank Williams Sr.

2 comments:

Marie said...

1. I just want to see a stinkin pictuer already. I feel like it is going to be super presh.

2. Sick nasty.

3. Good call my friend, good call. I don't want you burning out!

4. I am jealous.I saw it when we were at six flags on Monday!

5. Love this. Gosh, He is so good.

6. Thanks for the shout out. Although, MIOBI wasn't on... Mean Girls was. So I guess it hasn't actually started yet? But we will definitely eat lots of fun pops!

9. YAY YAY YAY!!! :)

Unknown said...

So glad you posted!! :):)

Hope to see you soon, girl. I'll be in Belton to 12-15 of June... that Monday night we'll be celebrating my birthday at the Wahlquists... you could make a special trip down? hahah. Just kidding. I mean, if you can that's great. But I know that you'll have just come back from H-town.