Sunday, January 31, 2010

Suffering Well

I know I say this all the time, but I am really greatful for my church and the staff and pastors that shepard us.

Recently, Eric Gorski (from the Associated Press), did an article on Matt's battle with cancer entitled Suffering Well: Faith Tested by Pastors Cancer. I really encourage you guys to read it because it gives a lot of insight into his struggle... and besides that it's just a really well written piece.

I'm just so proud of Matt, his family and the leadership at the Village for how they've handled this whole situation. I really think they are suffering well for the Gospel, and I pray that God uses this trial to make much of His name. This story has already been picked up by the Washington Post and the NY Times (as well as papers in Finland and Mexico), so clearly his story is reaching a lot more than originally anticipated.

Soli Deo gloria.

1 comment:

Marie said...

girl, thanks for this link. I am so encouraged by his struggle. I read this to my roommates too. Ha.