Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Favorite Phrase

Lately I've been kind of reflecting on the different things that "stir my affection(s?)" for the Lord.

Here's some of the things I've come up with (both general and specific):

1.The sermon series we're doing at church right now called "The Path". It has been both encouraging and challenging...basically I leave every Sunday evaluating myself and my sin and pondering the goodness and mercy of God.

2. Everything by Tim Hughes

3. Listening to people share their testimonies (not only their conversion stories, but how God is currently at work in them)

4. Reading Acts and Romans. I feel like I've been walking through them for a LONG time, but it has been really intense and incredibly rewarding.

5. Hearing/Learning/Reading about theology. This is a new one, but recently it's all I want to read about. I've been spending most of my work day (when I'm not working of course) reading different articles and doing research.

I'm sure I could think of more, but right now those 5 seem to be doing the trick :)

1 comment:

Marie said...

you are so optimistic! haha. I like this phrase. and this concept. I should start making these kinds of lists... always seem to be a blessing.