Monday, November 9, 2009

It's official!

Well...almost.

This last weekend was my covenant membership class at the Village, and let me tell you, it was WONDERFUL! I feel so blessed and honored to serve, worship and fellowship with the people there. I could gush and gush about it, but I'll spare you and just give you a breakdown of the weekend.

Friday Night:
Basically just a 2 hour Gospel presentation. It was incredible. I have never heard the Gospel so packed-full of Scripture (probably becuase of time restraints! ha). I'm sure my eyes were the size of basketballs the whole time. I'm also pretty sure I spent the next 30 minutes after class recounting the whole thing to my mom.

Saturday Day:
We went over the core values of the church, why we believe what we believe, and all that the covenant entails. I don't think I could summerize it even if I tried, so I'll just say...I love it, I agree wholeheartedly, and YES YES YES. Then at the end they had a Q&A with some of the campus pastors* that was really good and insightful.

I still have to read some articles and meet with my group leader to tell her my conversion story and ask any questions before I sign the covenant, BUT once all that happens I'll officially be a covenant member. VICTORY. I really hope everyone feels as inspired, blessed and encouraged by their church as I do. My heart soars whenever I think about it :)

P.S. Guess who was in my Covenant Class?!?! You guessed it, Tedashii (oh, and 240 other people ;)). Plus he helped lead worship Sunday. Legit.

*Matt wasn't there this weekend, but all the pastors from my campus were, so that was really cool. Every single one of them is so awesome. Gah. Sorry to gush again, can't help it.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Danielle I am SO excited for you! I love how much you love it there... and you are a covenant member. So legit. :) God is good. this makes me smile!