Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spring 2011

Hey, blogsters! It's hard to believe it has been so long since my last post... I guess I didn't realize how busy this winter break was going to be, and with the Spring semester already in full force I doubt it's going to get any easier at this point! It's okay though, I'm excited for all that this next semester/year has in store :)


Here's how my classes* are shaping up thus far:

- Applied Hermeneutics: This will definitely be my hardest class this semester, but I'm hoping to learn a lot. It's one of my grad classes, so I'm really hoping to start out on a high note!

- Spanish: Last year this was my best grade of the semester (ironic considering I'm terrible at conversational Spanish), but I'm still hoping for a repeat! Oh, and my professor is beyond precious. Love her.

- Biblical Servant Leadership: I haven't actually done anything in this class yet (we meet for the first time tomorrow), but I'm super excited about it! It's my other grad class, so it'll probably have a heavier course load, but it should still be good.

- Psychology of Abnormal Behaviors: Okay, I know it might be weird but I'm super excited about this class. It was originally supposed to fill the coveted blow-off spot in my schedule, but I'm starting to think it's actually going to require some effort on my part... which is okay considering in a couple months I will finally be able to diagnose all the weirdos in my life ;)

*Honorable Mention = Local Church on Mission: I took this as a two week mini in January (I really do LOVE me some mini-mesters!) and it ended up being one of my best decisions ever. This was definitely one of my favorite classes of all time and I learned SO MUCH during our two weeks together. Not to mention getting to learn so much about the missional church movement made me so proud of my church! I am beyond blessed to sit under the leadership of the Village staff and elders and I'm so grateful I get to serve and worship with the men and women there.


Well that about does it for Spring 2011... see ya in May! Just kidding. Hopefully I'll be able to post more once I settle in to a routine this semester. Hasta luego, amigos.

No comments: