Thursday, May 27, 2010

Encouragement

A few things that have been encouraging me lately...

1. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height or depth nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

2. Hurricane by Jimmy Needham. I could listen to this song over and over and over again (and have). After probably 50 listens in the past week it still ministers to me.

3. Worshiping, serving and taking communion (weekly) at The Village Church.

4. My 2nd-5th grade girls that I get to serve every Sunday. They are unbelievably precious and smart, and I am constantly encouraged and challenged by them.

5. Covenant friendships.

6. The fact that I get to come home tomorrow.

7. Pen pals.

8. Hymns. Today's favorite = Blessed Assurance.
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine! O what a foretaste of glory divine! Heir of salvation, purchase of God, born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.

9. Having a boss that takes the time to know, encourage and joke with me.

10. Being given a clear vision of how the Lord "views me" on Sunday. One of the first times I can remember God giving me a very clear image in order to communicate something. So powerful.

1 comment:

Zach said...

Dude, I LOVE blessed Assurance!

"This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Saviour all the day long!
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Saviour all the day long.