Monday, August 17, 2009

Yahweh Yireh: The Lord My Provider

This morning I received a call from the head of the DBU Ministry student program telling me that I could potentially lose my grant money because I had to be endorsed by a church in the Dallas area that could vouch for my service and leadership over the past year. For those of you that don't know, this past year I had to go without a car and was therefore unable to go to the same church on a consistent enough basis (and be able to plug in, hold a position of leadership/service, etc etc). And even though I managed to be in a church every Sunday, there just wasn't any way for me to be in the same one every Sunday. Well as soon as I heard the news I was crushed. If it had been up to me, I would have been plugged in somewhere all last year doing ministry, but because I couldn't seem to find a reliable way to do this I had to just make do. As soon as I got off the phone with him I had to (audibly) remind myself that God has provided a wonderful job and a ton of opportunities to help pay for my college education...there was just no way He would leave me without the means to continue on after He had already done so much to put me at DBU.

And even though I knew and believed God would continue to take care of me and provide, I had no idea it would unfold the way it did...

This afternoon I received a call from the same man saying that he couldn't get me off his mind, and even though it would mean making a major exception for me, he still wanted to help me out and find a way around the problem. After we talked for a little while, he gave me a very small task to complete (I have to get a hand-written note from my pastor at NW) in order to keep my grant money and buy another year until I get the car situation worked out and I get settled in a church. Hallelujah!

I am constantly in awe of God and the ways He choses to get my attention. Though I never doubted His faithfulness, He still managed to show me just how much I underestimate Him. Praise be to God, Yahweh Yireh, My Provider!

19And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Philippians 4:19-20

2 comments:

Molly said...

Praise the Lord!! That's so awesome.

Marie said...

Girl, this got me tearing up. God is so good! Wow. Praise God is all I can say, but those words don't even seem to be enough. Wow, wow, wow. :)