Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Danielle Moment

Lately, I've realized I'm a little bit crazy (and by "a little bit", I mean "a LOTTA bit"). For some reason, whenever I'm trying to explain something or argue a point, I have trouble getting an entire thought out before I contradict myself or argue against myself. I tend to just say what I'm thinking... but sometimes my thoughts are moving too quick for my mouth and I end up saying things out of order, or moving on to another thought before I finish explaining the first one. Make sense?! Yea, I don't get it either.

Here's an example of something other people might hear me say:

I would really struggle if God told me to cut off my hair.
But even if I did it I'm sure God could...
BUT THAT'S NOT MY POINT!
I don't have to do it because it doesn't define me!


When in reality, I was thinking this:

I would really struggle if God told me to cut off my hair;
1) because I can be pretty vain
2) I'm ridiculous about my hair
3) I love red hair
4) there aren't enough red heads in the world
5) girls shouldn't have to cut off their hair if long hair is their "glory"
But at the same time I'm sure God could teach me something and grow me from that experience...oh wait, everyone has that glazed over look in their eyes...wrap it up Danielle! Make this point make sense! Quote Leviticus, yell something, anything! Red hair doesn't define me! Yea... go with that. Wait, why does everyone look so confused?


So next time I say something that doesn't make sense, just nodd and smile...because chances are I don't know what I said either.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Oh danielle, this is so you.

Even this blog didn't make total sense. It was awesome. I personally love this little characteristic of you.