Good Times to be competitive:
- When sizing up strangers to see who I could defeat in a random (but necessary) street fight.
- When playing sports with other competitive people...not to be confused with playing sports with non-competitive people.
- When showing honor (as long as your motives are pure and you don't lose sight of the ultimate goal).
- While doing random things that don't matter (aka "who can finish washing their hands first", or "who can write the funniest thing on the birthday card", etc)
- When saying outrageous things in the appropriate context.
- When trying to get some much needed work done.
- When eating. This is a really bad habit to form! Ha.
- When playing sports with people who aren't competitive, or are just really bad.
- When saying outrageous things in INAPPROPRIATE situations (still working on this one).
- When no one else wants to compete.
- When doing something that no one else cares about (like writing a paper or doing office work).
So what are some other situations/times that make it ok (or inappropriate) to be competitive? I'd love to hear from some other people on this one...