Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Random Bits and Pieces

I don't know what is up with T-Mobile lately, but ever since I got home from school, I NEVER seem to get signal in my house. It is really annoying. I almost always have to walk around or mess with it till I can score some bars. LAME.

In other news, this week has been really crazy so far. VBS is next week and there are a lot of things that need to get done that can't be done until last minute, so yea, it's been pretty intense. BUT I am so excited about VBS! I have never been a part of one (and I can't think of a single reason why...mostly just me being too shy or intimidated to get involved), so I am really pumped to see how it all unfolds.

Reasons I think it's going to be awesome:
  1. It's a "Bible times" VBS.
  2. Bible costumes!!
  3. NW ususally has over 600 kids. WOW.
  4. Different rooms for "the underground church" and Paul.
  5. The curriculum and verses we are using are powerful.
My prayer for all of this is just that God puts the kids there that needs to be there and that we are able to use whatever means available to share the Gospel and hopefully help kids understand Scripture more fully. Gah. I love Children's Ministry.

Oh, and P.S. tomorrow night we have a "mad scientist" coming to put on a show for our Summer in the Zone night!! SOO TIGHT. We're also having a contest to see who can dress up as the most convincing mad scientist. Pretty sure it will be the highlight of my week. Have I mentioned how much I love my job?!

:)

1 comment:

Marie said...

1. LOVE the new layout. adorable. great stuff.
2. VBS is so exciting!! yay! I am glad you are loving the busyness.
3. I SO wish I could be there for mad scientist day! SOOO cool. seriously
4. I love that you love your job. :) thanks for keeping everyone posted on how its going.